Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Maddix's birthday/Mother's Day!

May 11, 2008 was Maddix's birthday, she turned 3! But it was also Mother's Day which was even more exciting for me because she is the reason I even became a mommy. It was a lot of fun to share the day with her. We started the day going out to eat breakfast with my parents and then going home to get ready for Maddix's big birthday party! She has been so excited to turn 3, she kept asking us for weeks when is it going to be my birthday, is it my birthday yet, how many more days? So when the day came, you could just imagine how excited she was. We woke her up in the morning and the first thing she said before getting out of bed was, "it's my birthday, let's go open a lot of presents," then she proceeded to say, "now lets go eat some chocolate cake." We had such fun party. We wore her little butt out. We had a Hawaiin Luau and we all went swimming and had a BBQ. The lucky little girl was spoiled with so many new clothes and toys. We had such a great time with all our family and friends. Right now Jason and I are loving that she's 3. She understands so much more and she makes us laugh so hard. She's at the stage where she asks why and what all the time. And she asks, "are we allowed to say that word? We can't say that word. Mommy did you hear them say that word?" It's really funny because they hear everything and point out everything. I also must say that Maddix is finally potty trained. At times I thought I would go crazy but we did it. I really wanted her to be potty trained by the time she turned 3 and she did it. It's been over 2 1/2 months since we had an accident and she doesn't even wet the bed at night. We are so excited. Way to go Maddix!

This was us at Mother's Day breakfast and it was so yummy!


Maddix in her special birthday shirt that says, "Birthday Girl!"
Maddix dressed up for her Luau Party! She looks so freakin cute!
Maddix getting ready to open presents!

She loves Dora so we just had to get her a Dora cake!Maddix fast asleep in her new birthday PJ's!

For our sweet little Maddix. We hope you had such a fun birthday. You are truly an angel and a blessing in our lives. You have the sweetest little heart. You are always there to help us and your brother. You always have a plan and you love to stick with it and you won't let us forget it. You are a very independent little girl but you know how to get the job done. You love adventure and love to explore new things. You make us laugh more than I can explain. Watching you grow has been one of the most enjoyable things I have done in my life. Every day I get to live life as if I was a kid again. You know how to melt our hearts. Like the other day I helped you put your clothes back on and you started to walk away then you stopped and turned around and told me "mommy you are the best mommy because you always help us when we need help." I love when you crawl into bed with me in the morning and give me a big kiss on the cheek and then snuggle me. These our just some of the reasons why being your parents has been one of the greatest things that has ever happened. We love you so much peanut!

No comments: